Essence of startupfest
Startupfest has grown into a global gathering of the world's best entrepreneurs, founders, investors, and mentors. It features world-class content, from back-of-napkin ideas to champagne-popping exits, across three days of keynotes, interactive how-to sessions, thought-provoking predictions, and a healthy dose of irreverence.
See our Sizzler videos!
why you should come
• Every aspect of our content is hand-picked and carefully crafted, and ranges from inspiring lessons from seasoned entrepreneurs, to informative how-to sessions, and interactive panels.
• We offer tangible investment opportunities and prizes, from top accelerators, looking to fill their next cohorts, to world-renowned VCs- in 2016, over $500,000 worth of investments and prizes were awarded at the event.
• Whether you’re looking for exposure, to acquire new talent, connect with investors, corporates, or different sectors of the industry- you’ll find it in our tent village, where people are gathered under relevant themes.
“I was here 3 years ago, and pitched Onavo, my company, and we picked up one of the top prizes and 3 years later we get picked up by Facebook. It’s awesome.” – Guy Rosen, Facebook
• As an investor, you’ll have the opportunity to meet burgeoning local and international talent in all stages of growth, as well as network with fellow investors from around the world.
• Investors at Startupfest range from angels, to GP’s, and last year for the first time we introduced premium content designed for the investment community.
“Throughout the years, the festival has helped local entrepreneurs connect with world-class mentors and investors and it has been the blood vessels to millions of dollars in business deals and investments made” – Austin Hill, Blockstream
• Our tent village participants are hand selected and showcase talent, and innovation from around the world. This is also where you’ll find pitch competitions, corporate speed dating zones, startup demos, and more.
• This is an event where you’ll find the speaker, whose keynote changed the way you want to run your business, having a beer in an adirondack chair, in our tent village. We bring people together, and we encourage real time connection.
“Over the course of 3 days, we had the opportunity to meet startups from around the globe and were impressed by the amount of creativity and entrepreneurship present on site.” – Steve Berard, Québecor Média inc.
“There really isn’t another event like this.”
– Margaret Dawson, Global Product Marketing at Red Hat
Speakers See All
Montreal and the Startupfest Venue
Montreal is the cultural capital of Canada, and as soon as you get here you’ll understand why. The city has an unbeatable festival vibe, and is second to none in the summertime! As the city thaws, it becomes a vibrant, diverse, cultural hub and is North America’s number one host city for international events. Between the european charm, unparalleled nightlife, arts, culture, and world class restaurants- Montreal makes the perfect stomping grounds for Startupfest.