Essence of startupfest
Startupfest has grown into a global gathering of the world's best entrepreneurs, founders, investors, and mentors. It features world-class content, from back-of-napkin ideas to champagne-popping exits, across three days of keynotes, interactive how-to sessions, thought-provoking predictions, and a healthy dose of irreverence.
See our Sizzler videos!
why you should come
• Our content is carefully curated and ranges from inspiration lessons from seasoned entrepreneurs, to informative how-to sessions.
• We offer incredible investment opportunities and prizes, from top accelerators, looking to fill their next cohorts, to top VCs, not to mention over $200k from Startupfest’s group of angel investors.
• Whether you’re looking for demo space, looking to acquire new talent, connect with investors or different sectors of the industry- you’ll find it in our tent village
“I was here 3 years ago, and pitched Onavo, my company, and we picked up one of the top prizes and 3 years later we get picked up by Facebook. It’s awesome.” – Guy Rosen, Facebook
• As an investor, you get the chance to meet burgeoning local and international talent in all stages of growth, as well as network with fellow investors from around the world.
• Investors at Startupfest range from angels, to GP’s, and for the first time we’re introducing content geared specifically towards each of those groups.
“Throughout the years, the festival has helped local entrepreneurs connect with world-class mentors and investors and it has been the blood vessels to millions of dollars in business deals and investments made” – Austin Hill, Blockstream
• Our tent village participants are hand picked and showcases talent from around the world; industry specific sectors, demo spaces, and relevant content from all parts of the startup ecosystem.
• This is an event where you’ll find the speaker, whose keynote changed the way you want to run your business, having a beer in an adirondack chair, in our tent village. We bring people together, and we encourage real time connection.
“Over the course of 3 days, we had the opportunity to meet startups from around the globe and were impressed by the amount of creativity and entrepreneurship present on site.” – Steve Berard, Québecor Média inc.
“There really isn’t another event like this.”
– Margaret Dawson, Global Product Marketing at Red Hat
Speakers See All
Renee DiResta Haven
Melanie Warrick Skymind
Alexis Ohanian Reddit
Yelena Rachitsky Oculus Story Studio
Coming to startupfest
Montreal is the cultural capital of Canada, and for good reason. The city has an unbeatable festival vibe, and is second to none in the summertime. As the city thaws, it becomes a vibrant, diverse, hub and is North America’s number one host city for international events. Between the european charm, unparalleled nightlife, arts, culture, and world class restaurants- Montreal makes the perfect stomping grounds for Startupfest.