Women in Tech Boot Camp
July 10, 2019
WIT is Back!
After the breakout success of the inaugural, sold- out 2018 event, the WIT bootcamp is back! During this half-day Women in Technology (WIT) Boot Camp hosted by BDC Capital’s Women in Technology Fund, we are looking to connect women founders and leaders of technology start-ups with the resources they need to grow their businesses.
Space is limited to qualified applicants.
WIT Boot Camp is for:
– High-tech company (start-ups with potential to scale)
– Pre-seed to seed stage
– Founded or led by at least one woman
– Looking to learn what it takes to build a high-tech, high-growth company
What you can expect
This can’t-miss opportunity will connect pre-seed and seed-stage technology companies with peers, investors and organizations that are out there to help. Hear candid war stories from those who have been there and walk away with concrete tools to help take your company to the next level.
Fill out an application today! Selected companies will also be eligible for a discounted $50 ticket to Startupfest. Please wait to hear back about your application to the WIT Boot Camp before purchasing your tickets to Startupfest.
About BDC Capital’s Women in Technology Fund
Supporting women entrepreneurs is a priority for BDC Capital. We take a holistic approach to empower women by providing capital and resources to create successful companies and build an ecosystem for women in technology. The Women in Technology Venture Fund is the world’s largest venture capital fund dedicated to investing in women-led technology companies.
Getting product design right
How to maintain core values while getting culture ready for change
Analytics and using data to grow better and faster
Go-to-market strategies, positioning, and sales models
Once you’ve found the right product, for the right market, sold in the right way, you’re ready to step on the gas.
Managing Director, Strategic
Investments and Women in Tech,
Chief Operating Officer,
Alyssa Harvey Dawson
General Counsel and Head of Legal,
Privacy and Data Governance,
Silicon Valley Bank
Tara Akhavan Ph. D.
Co-founder & CTO,
Founder & CEO,
Startup Buenos Aires
Tuesday, July 9th, 2019
8:00 AM – Breakfast
9:00 AM – Crossing the chasm
9:45 AM – Structuring your company and deciding how, and if, you should take money
11:15 AM – Hiring and compensation
12:15 PM – Lunch
1:15 PM – Positioning and branding for your startup
2:45 PM – Sales and go-to-market strategy
3:45 PM – Break
4:00 PM – Panel: founding, funding and structure
Wednesday, July 10th, 2019
8:30 AM – Breakfast
9:30 AM – How to build and maintain your culture
10:15 AM – Understanding Customer Decision-making
11:45 AM – The startup roller coaster – here’s what you’re in for
12:30 PM – Lunch
2:00 PM – Investor networking and pitch series
How to attend
1. Space is limited to qualified applicants. Submit your application.
2. You will receive an answer by early summer.
3. If you are selected to attend, you will be send a code to register for your ticket. This ticket will include access to The Funding Workshop and Startupfest.
4. If you already had a ticket, and you are selected, you will be transferred to the combo ticket type.
– Have raised funding, but not closed a Series A
– May be an accelerator graduate
– Has a sustainable, repeatable business model hypothesis
– Core founding team exists (hacker, hustler, designer, analyst.)