July 10, 2019
In partnership with
Knowledge-transfer, networking and best practices.
Co-Chaired by HarborVest’s Senia Rapisarda and Real Ventures’ Sylvain Carle, VentureFest brings together investors, fund managers and VC operations teams from across Canada and abroad. Covering the full cycle of investment, VentureFest creates a platform for VCs to share hard lessons learned, from finding the best startups, to investing, to working with portfolio companies as they get started, grow and scale.
Space is limited to qualified applicants.
VentureFest is for:
– Investors / LPs
– Fund managers / GPs
– VC operations teams
Some of the themes we’ll cover:
– How the relationship between US-based funders and Canadian and other international firms/funds has changed in the last 5 years (and what this means).
– The trends and technologies that are impacting venture funding in 2019.
– How VCs and funders can deliver the best support for their portfolios.
– Fundraising, marketing & PR funds and firms, platform best practices, and much more.
Some past attendees:
Through their investment in high-growth, cutting-edge technology companies, VCs — from micro VCs to growth funds — are helping to shape the world.
Tuesday, July 9th, 2019
8:00 AM – Breakfast
9:00 AM – Crossing the chasm
9:45 AM – Structuring your company and deciding how, and if, you should take money
11:15 AM – Hiring and compensation
12:15 PM – Lunch
1:15 PM – Positioning and branding for your startup
2:45 PM – Sales and go-to-market strategy
3:45 PM – Break
4:00 PM – Panel: founding, funding and structure
Wednesday, July 10th, 2019
8:30 AM – Breakfast
9:30 AM – How to build and maintain your culture
10:15 AM – Understanding Customer Decision-making
11:45 AM – The startup roller coaster – here’s what you’re in for
12:30 PM – Lunch
2:00 PM – Investor networking and pitch series
How to attend
1. Space is limited to qualified applicants. Submit your application.
2. You will receive an answer by early summer.
3. If you are selected to attend, you will be send a code to register for your ticket. This ticket will include access to The Funding Workshop and Startupfest.
4. If you already had a ticket, and you are selected, you will be transferred to the combo ticket type.
– Have raised funding, but not closed a Series A
– May be an accelerator graduate
– Has a sustainable, repeatable business model hypothesis
– Core founding team exists (hacker, hustler, designer, analyst.)